Thanksgiving is not only a time to celebrate with family and friends. It’s also a time when overeating abounds. Here are some tips for managing your digestive system in the face of all that food and drink:
- Make a smooth and slippery coating in your GI track with psyliium husks so that food can pass easily without irritating the inner lining of our gut. This will prevent constipation as well as diarrhea.
- Help the gall bladder and the pancreas with plant digestive enzymes like those found in the DigestMore
- Probiotics (in capsule form or via kefir) ensure proper digestion in our large intestines and the prevention of the buildup of toxins. They also help treat Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis as well as irritable bowel syndrome.
- Some great remedies for heartburn are licorice (a component of DigestMore listed above), aloe vera (it has that nice mucous texture that protects the stomach), as well as calcium and even baking soda. This last one is also very beneficial to our kidneys, something I have written about before.
- The more we eat, the more the liver is taxed. Milk Thistle protects the liver from the effects of alcohol, something that can also come in handy around Thanksgiving.
That may be a lot to swallow, but it comes down to this: Take 2 DigestMore capsules per day with food, some probiotics, milk thistle and something for heartburn like calcium, which also benefits our bone health. Happy Thanksgiving!